Pages

Monday 18 July 2016

Ahmed Musa talks up Similarities with Vardy


JamieVardy was one of Leicester City’s best players last season, scoring 22 goals as the impressive Foxes went against all odds to win the Premier League title.

Musa who just signed from CSKA Moscow thinks he and his Leicester City teammate are similar in size and style of play.
“It doesn't matter what size you are, it's what you can do that matters. I think I am like Jamie Vardy. I have speed, I like to work hard, we are similar in lots of things,” the striker told Sky Sports.
"Am I faster? I can't say yet, I have never played with him. But I am looking forward to finding out. I'm looking forward to playing with Vardy. I like his style. I think we can fit well together."

Musa started his football career at a local side in Nigeria called GBS Football Academy, before playing for JUTH F.C and Kano Pillars.
Before his professional career, the forward revealed that he was a goalkeeper before switching positions.
"I was a goalie between 10 and 12, but changing was the best decision of my life because I would never have been good enough to become a professional goalkeeper,” he added.

Later in the interview, Musa who won the Russian Premier League last season with CSKA Moscow admitted that the Premier League is tougher.
"The intensity here is quite different to Russia. Here it is a little bit harder, in Russia they are more laid back. I think that is the most difficult thing,” he said

No comments:

Post a Comment