Pages

Tuesday 17 November 2015

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THIS MORNING



Tuesday and I'm awakened at 5:26am by the smell of dodo being fried. You know what else I smell? A failing country, broken promises, political impunity, neglect of citizens' opinions, and so much more. 
Being a typical creature of habit, I go through my phone to see the latest news immediately I conclude my morning prayers.

Today's major news is our two uncles in Edo state calling each other thieves. Uncle Adams said uncle Lucky illegally squandered $31million during his tenure and uncle Lucky now said trillions of Naira have gone missing during the time of Uncle A. Although I'm quite surprised that it took uncle A 7 years to say this, but anyone who has been to or through Edo state lately will realise this is much needed cash. Oh, and they might have said something about 200000 hectares of government land uncle L allegedly gave to his family. Let's keep waiting on where they'll end up.

That apart, I also visited Facebook (I like Facebook). There's some talk about fuel scarcity and people buying fuel for over #300 per liter under a government who promised to sell to us at #45 per liter (we have not forgotten). I've been personally buying between 110 and 120 in this city and I don't like it. So to those who pay more, sorry. A friend even joked that she needed the president to fire the minister of petroleum resources (what a joker). Change has come friends.


I also saw a Tyrese video. Pray the prayer, work the work. This is for the prayers - only Christians, you heard the man.
Secondary school students caught during cult initiations. After all the shaking of heads, Remember the good old days when cultism was left to university students? Well y'all spent time calling them names and doing nothing about it that they've spread to the younger generations.

And finally, France' airstrike at ISIS targets in Syria yesterday. Well, they're angry. While most people punch walls when angry, others execute massive airstrikes. Somewhere in there, Nigeria can borrow a leaf.

It wasn't all bad news though, a couple of people are getting married. Ok, bye. Dodo is ready. 

3 comments:

  1. Tyrese got to me good. As for the fuel kini , it's just outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, sadly it's getting worse everyday

      Delete
  2. Truth tonye Patterson21 November 2015 at 09:00

    Thing is we all wanted change, and we got it, buying fuel for #6000 10l,

    ReplyDelete